… SELL IT, silly!
I confess— I am one of those very rare women who doesn’t like shoes. I was never a “shoe” person. My husband has to take me to the store to get new shoes. I’d heard that Imelda Marcos owned, like, 3,000 pairs of shoes. HOLY COW! She could never wear so many shoes! Why on earth did she have SO MANY??? When Imelda was asked about her shoe gluttony, she said:
I did not have three thousand pairs of shoes, I had one thousand and sixty. -Imelda Marcos
:blink: Oh is that all?
ANYWAY. For those of us who may have a couple, or a dozen shoes lying around that we no longer like/want/need, you can sell them. It’s a shoe auction site called If The Shoe Doesn’t Fit. Very cute name, isn’t it? lol.
Here’s the scoop:
- It’s free to browse the shoes selections, and it’s free to bid.
- If you want to sell your shoes, it costs only $1 per listing! No sneaky extra fees for photos, headlines, closing fees, and seller’s fees.
- You can “swap” shoes, too! This is pretty neat– You can swap your shoes that you are selling with the shoes of someone else that they are selling. It costs only $1 to swap.
- Get TWO free listings with the coupon code SOLES at the My Account page.
- Get FIVE free listing with the coupon code SHOES at the My Account page.
It’s a great way to make a little money, to save a lot of money, or to acquire boatloads of shoes if you so desire. IfTheShoeDoesntFit.com has created a nice video tutorial explaining how to list your shoes for sale on the site. It’s very straightforward, and I think it’s easier than some of the other confusing auction websites. You could even make a bit of money, buying cheap, used shoes at the local rummage sale or thrift store, and reselling them at IfTheShoeDoesntFit.com for a little profit.
And who knows, maybe Imelda Marcos is waiting with baited breath on the auction site, waiting to snap up your old shoes! You’ll never know until you try!