As is my custom, I am late with the memes. I like this one because it’s short and sweet, so even if it’s late, I still like to do it.
1. Do you sleep with a night light on?
No. I used to be terribly afraid of the dark as a kid (horror movies are such bad influences on children!), and begged my parents to give me one, to no avail. After becoming a Christian as a teen, the fear disappeared. Now, I place a pillow over my head to block out the light and sounds!
2. What do you drink with dinner?
Usually water or sometimes red wine. On rare occasions, I have coffee; even rarer, hot tea. I always like a glass of very cold ice water while I eat.
3. Do you play the lottery? If so, how often?
Gosh, no. Who has that kind of money?! lol
4. How often do you go to the grocery store?
Not enough to make everyone happy; too often for my taste. :-p
5. Would you rather travel back in time 500 years or travel forward 500 years?
Well, if I went back 500 years, it would be (grab calculator)….. 1510. Would I be in America? I sure wouldn’t want to be in Europe (this was before the Reformation). Everything was in an uproar, and people were being burned at the stake.
So what happened in 1510?
- In 1510, Henry VIII was only on Wife #1 (Catherine of Aragon).
- Spain arrives in the Gulf of Mexico.
- The Mona Lisa by da Vinci and School of Athens by Rafael had been completed the previous year. So they’d be fresh and still smell of paint when I went to the museum to see them.
- Europe was experiencing the Renaissance, an historical period of humanism, art, and scientific discovery.
- Pope Julius II excommunicated the republic of Venice. Don’t know why. They probably didn’t breathe when he told them to breathe, or jump when he told them to jump.
- They wore REALLY funky clothes back in the 1500s. No sweat pants? No sneakers? What about glasses? I’d be tottering around, blind, in one of those funky ruffled collars or burlap peasant sacks. Ick.
- If I could stay in the Americas, I’d probably be slightly more inclined to travel to 1510. Up here in the Northeast, the Algonquins and Iroquois were battling it out over territory, I think. So even though there was no weirdo clothing and auto de fe on the continent, it was still a dog-eat-dog world. But at least the scenery would be pretty. And no litter strewn in the parks…
So 1510 seemed like a year that was probably not my cup of tea. But then again, if I jumped into the future, it would be… ummm…. (resists calculator)…. 2510. Yeah. Will the planet still BE here then??? So if I jumped to the future, then I might implode from the absence of matter. Hm. What to choose?
I think I’ll stay in 2010. For now. 😉