I don’t believe in evolution. (I also don’t believe that the earth is flat nor that Santa Claus comes down the chimney every Christmas). There is way too much evidence against evolution and nothing convincing for it. I’m not just spouting this off– we have spent a great deal of time and investigation (as part of our school curriculum and also because my husband is The Brainy Science Guy) on this topic. I could go on and on and on about the details, but I don’t want to here. However, I will address a few major problems regarding the theory of evolution, problems that have never been adequately answered by evolutionists:
- Evolution defies the universal Second Law of Thermodynamics/Law of Entropy (which states that all matter goes from order to disorder, like an old house, aging, and my checkbook balance). Evolution says that SOMETHING orderly came from chaotic disorder, that random simplicity grew into complexity. Total nonsense. To my knowledge, there isn’t anything else in the universe that contradicts the Second Law of Thermodynamics/Law of Entropy. Except the theory of evolution.
- Evolution says that species are changing into other species. There is NO evidence for this, not even in the fossil record. None. Oh evolutionists will say that species adapt (finch beaks get bigger or smaller as food becomes scarcer or more abundant)– that’s called adaptation. It occurs in nature all the time. But finches aren’t evolving into lizards. Hasn’t happened, except in the fertile minds of some evolutionists.
- Irreducible Complexity proves evolution is false. The bodies of living things are very complex, down to the tiniest cell. Without all the crucial systems of a body working, the body breaks down, not evolves into something better or something else. Think about your body– you NEED your respiratory system, your circulatory system, your digestive system, etc all to be in existence simultaneously. If one of these systems is incomplete because it’s still evolving, the body will not function! Evolution says everything evolved at a very slow pace (although, some evolutionists are changing their theories and saying things happened REALLY REALLY fast– one day, a bird had an egg and a lizard popped out! Seriously, one scientist said that!). But evolving at a slow or fast pace is stupid, because living things don’t evolve. Evolutionists also like to say “Evolution is cleverer than you are” which means that you just *never know* what evolution can do. All I can say to that is: exactly! You cannot know because there is NO EVIDENCE! It’s an terribly illogical theory.
- Evolutionists use evolution as the main excuse to reject the existence of God. Some have even said it– they would rather believe that life on earth came from aliens who “seeded” the planet, or that creatures evolved over billions of years from nothing, than believe in God. That’s a REALLY dumb reason to promote a “scientific” theory. In any other arena in life, that attitude would immediately remove scientific credibility. But- oddly enough– not so with evolution! Some believe that evolution is all the more NOBLE because they refuse to see the evidence of intelligent design!
- Where did reason and thinking come from? Evolutionists say it’s all chemical processes in the brain, but there’s no conclusive proof for this. Where did love come from? Hatred? The conscience, anger, compassion, intuition?? Where did all these come from? Where did gravity come from? Where did natural laws come from? Where did light and water come from? And how is it that the earth is PERFECTLY positioned in the galaxy– if it was even 10% closer to the sun, we’d burn up. If it was 10% further from the sun, we’d freeze. Evolution cannot explain these things.
- Why are there male and females in species? Why is reproduction situated this way, if there is evolution? And HOW ON EARTH did evolution make males AND females concurrently?! Our bodies are very, very complex. Evolution is just too simple– so, so simple that it just can’t work.
- And the final reason: Dr. Kent Hovind. VERY cool videos!
That’s just a tiny smidgen of the data I have gathered over the 20 years we’ve been studying this issue.
Oh, I do have ONE MORE good argument against evolution: math.
Watch this video, it’s cool!:
Know that the LORD, He is God; It is He who has made us, and not we ourselves.
Hat tip for video DCF Blog.